Friday, December 06, 2019


When you acquire land a deed is issued and that deed needs to be recorded in the Register of Deeds office so that the land can be transferred into the new owners name. 

At the time of recording if there was money involved in the transaction a Sales Validation Questionnaire is required to be filed along with the deed.  You can print out this form from our link and bring it with you when you record your deed.  (Please note that there are instructions that come along with the form that you must print out also.)  These forms are collected for the Appraiser's office which in turn are sent to the State of Kansas.

If you have any questions about completing the questionnaire, please contact the Appraiser's office.

If there is no money involved in the transaction an exemption must be on the deed.  These exemptions are listed and explained on the instruction page of the Sales Validation Questionnaire.

If you have any questions about recording your deed please contact the Register of Deeds office.